Friday, May 06, 2005

Alex's preschool class devoted two whole classes to their mothers. They made us picture frames complete with photo, they read books about mothers and they shared what they liked about their mothers.

Most kids shared, "My mom does the laundry." "My mom makes me chicken corden bleu." "My mom helps me clean my room." Pretty much a list of things we do to keep the house running.

Alex's made me smile -- at first. "My mom makes me happy" -- followed by "but not all the time."

Andy hardly apperciates all I do. Two days ago, he tested my love for him. First, he dumped out the garbage while I was showering -- covering the kitchen in egg shells. Then Alex forgot to close the bathroom door -- Andy threw a bunch of hot wheels into the toliet. He also took to running through the house as fast as he toddle screaming at the top of his very healthy lungs.

A final Alex story...

On the way home from preschool, Alex was feeling his usual playful self. Upon arriving home, I say we'll be using the front door.


He says, "Ok. But, Mommy. The FIRST (not the last) one in is a rotten egg!"

He then tore off and edged in the door just ahead of Andy and I as I was opening the door.

Upon entering, in a Mia Hamm moment, he got down on his knees threw his arms up in the air and proclaimed, "YESSS!! I AM THE ROTTEN EGG!"

No comments: