Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Football & Stitches

Alex has football! He loves it. He is football crazy. He makes plays, he punts, he tackles. He was made for this game.

At Thursday night's game, he starts off running in between a defensive line of kids just sort of milling around. Suddenly he's on the quarterback and the other kids realize, "Oh, we're supposed to..."

After forcing the quarterback to throw away. He then runs to his coach and announces, "I put pressure on him, Coach! I put pressure on him!"

Alex's team was winning by 4 touchdowns when the other team finally got a touchdown. After running the long way, the legnth of the field for naught, he walks back with his hands on his hips, shaking his head, clearly disappointed in the preformance of his team and himself.

Andy spent the game running up and down the hill with a 2 year old girl he met.

---

This morning, we were going to go for a walk and distribute party invites for the kiddies on Pear Place. Just as I was about to get the babies out of the house, I hear screaming that won't stop. I finally realize its Alex, as I make my way outside, he comes in from the garage. One side of his face was covered in blood.

His young 2 year old brother threw a rock at him and took out a chunk of skin in his scalp. After cleaning him up, we went to the doctor's office where he needed 4 stitches. He was so 'brave' (He said, "I'm not really brave, but I'm trying REALLY hard to be brave."), he was given 2 extra prizes. Four stitches but no restrictions on football.

No comments: