Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Recent goings ons

I know these sound like bragging but there's no other way to tell the stories, so there you go. I'll start with Alex. He's picked up some very grown up phrases.

"Hey, Alex what are you doing back there?" He was very quite in the car.

"I'm just keeping myself entertained." This has become a very popular phrase and sometimes he'll substitute "amused" for entertained.

---

His friend came over to invite him to play. The next thing I knew he was back home. "What are you doing here? I thought you went out to play with your friends."

"I did go outside to play with Hannah and Lexi but shortly after we started playing, Hannah's cousins arrived and I asked Tina (Hannah's mom), if they would prefer to have just family time."

He's a genius! :-)

---

Not to be outdone, Andy has picked up his own catch phrases and such. On Sunday, I made the rare decision to comb his mop. Just as I finished and admired my handywork, Andy threw his hand up and started messing up his hair. When I asked why, he responded, "I wanted my hair to be back to nermal."

---

Andy's day is busy and through out it, he makes reference to Alex. "Mommy, when Alex comes home from ah-skewl, I want to come back to the spark."

---

Sean and Ryan are learning some sign language. More, please, thank you, etc. Sean mastered more first, two tiny fist touching finger tips over and over. Ryan finally agreed to make the sign and then I caught him making it to himself while feeding himself.

---

Sean and Ryan are concerned with the other's comforts, so long as there are two of the comforting item. If there are two sippy cups, one will take them both and then deliver it to the other. Yesterday, Sean requested a cookie. So I gave him two, thinking he'd have one for each hand (as per my elder kids). he waited for me to take that second cookie then said, "Ta Doo" (Thank you) and ran across the kitchen to deliver a cookie to Ryan. Where I saw him look up from his toys, take the cookie, and say, "Ta Doo, ga ba do..." and smile.

No comments: