Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Father's Day Shopping

I try to not go to department store (aka stores without proper shopping carts to corral twix) without Mark. With Father's Day fast approaching that would not work. How would a wifey take said children to pick out a gift for their daddy if we did not actually go to the store where they sell the items requested by the daddy? Don't say internet shopping that would only work at night when Mark might get noisy to see what I was doing online or at naptime when I really need to clean the messes of the day.

So we went to JCPenneys. One escalator was undergoing service. I was happy about this as it would mean that Ryan wouldn't again scrap his leg tripping as we got on. Sean has a habit of stopping and crying and then catching up. I used to go get him and he'd slump to the ground and have to be dragged across the floor. So what works (until yesterday) is to continue on our way and he runs back into position when he gets I'm not coming for him.

Some busybody decided the squawking Seany was not lost and just going super slowly for attention. So she grabbed him by the hand and took him to jewelry. I hear over the loud speaker "Will the mother of a small child please go to any customer service desk and call the operator?"

As the only mother with truly small children (almost 3 and still wearing 18 to 24 month stuff) I knew who it was and what had happened. I called the operator. I asked, "Is it a boy with short possibly scalped blonde hair, greenish eyes, white tank top, orange short, blue & red crocs who answers to Seany?"

"Yes. We've brought him to the office."

"Ok, I'll be there in a minute. I have the twin with me to it will take a bit of time." Really, I was going to finish downstairs before I herded everyone back upstairs to grab Seany and then head back downstairs to finish looking at the items we wanted to get for Daddy.

We made our way up to the office. Ryan stopped to admire some toys and gadgets and jogged ahead to keep up. Seany was very grateful to see me. We paid and as we were headed out, busybody said, "Oh there's another one. You have twins. He was lost."

"He was NOT lost. He was just moving very slowly."

"Well, if he was my child, I would never..."

I cut her off, "Well, he's not your child, he's mine and we're fine."

At any rate, Seany agreed to hold my hand and stayed right with me for the duration.

Proof again, that I have to plan out shopping. I don't have the luxury of just stopping in as we drive by to tick that errand of the list. I have to make sure we have the stroller first if no hubby is around.

No comments: