Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Big Expectations

As you all probably know we are expecting TWINS!

I have to say intially upon seeing their two tiny bodies snuggled next to each other for the first time I felt such awesome wonder at God's miracles. I will admit only a hint of disappointment at not having a girl in my future but am truely (I can't emphasis it enough) overwhelmed ;-) with God's gifts to Mark and I.

The teary moment came when one brother's arm encircled his brother's troso in a inter-utero hug.

Some answers to questions...

Do twins run in our family? I'd say no. Mark has a set on his mom's side. And my mom's grandmother had a pair. Then one of her kids (don't know which one, but it wasn't Grandma) had a pair.

Are we done having kids? A resounding, YES. If you didn't hear it, let me make it clearer for you: YES! YES! YES! Four is plenty and I believe you're a better mother if you can actually spend time with each kid, your spouse, and occasionally alone.

Alex is very excited about the babies. He did want sisters (two, so that if one didn't feel like playing, he could play with the other). But, he's so happy that there are two babies, he's over the gender issue.

Andy hasn't a clue what's going on. Hopefully, with his kind and helpful nature and natural fondness of babies (he finds them very interesting), he will see this as something we're in together and not as taking his place

In other news...

Alex's is enjoying his swim lessons and never wants to get out of the pool! Andy makes a new friend at each lesson and plays away during Alex's swim lesson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!!! :-O :D Congrats times two (or is that four since I wasn't around to tell you congrats for the boys? :))! How exciting!!! What a great house of chaos you're going to have in a few months! What a wonderful blessing! Take care!! Valerie