Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Messes, Fights, and Lost Marbles

Yesterday was the day of messes.

First, I wrote an email. When I came upstairs, Andy had dumped a box of cereal out on the table and was pretending he was "The Big Chicken" pecking up the pieces one at a time.

As I cleaned up that mess, the twix woke up. I got them out of their beds and got them their breakfast. Finished cleaning up Andy's mess. I decided to take my shower.

While I was showering, Andy decided he wanted some chocolate syrup and all the Valentine's chocolates we'd purchased for teachers, classmates, etc. Sean and Ryan decided to help Andy with all this chocolate. There was a trail of syrup from the playroom to the bar and on Ryan's head, chocolate candies in the hands of Andy, Sean, and Sir Ry.

So I cleaned up the chocolate while Andy disappeared along with the twix up the stairs. I go up to the main floor and nobody's around. I go up to the upstairs. I smell nail polish. I go into my bathroom and closet where I find, burgundy nail polish on the wall in the carpet, on the bathroom vinyl floor and vanity. I got it off the vanity and vinyl with little problem.

Today, after research on the internet, I'll get it out of the carpet and off the wall. For the curious, WD-40 should take it off the wall and liquid detergent and soaking should take it out of the carpet, but I have to repeat the procedure over and over and over.

So, when I decided to do the dishes, I put Sean and Ryan and an array of toys in their play pen. Ryan threw out all but one toy which Sean, not to be left out, then threw out also. I did tell them, they'd have nothing to play with if they threw all the toys out. So as I'm doing dishes, Sir Ry starts laughing and Seany starts crying. I look in the play pen and Ryan is sitting on Seany's head. I send him back to his corner and moments later here Seany crying again. Ryan is holding Seany's binky over his head and has pinned Seany down. Sean couldn't even get a hand free. So, as I was finished, I took Sean out first and then got after Ryan and set him free.

A few minutes later, Seany is screaming blood murder. I turn the corner and his hand is bright red with off centered teeth mark's (Ryan has 3 teeth on the top and 3 on the bottom, but they don't line up) and Ryan is standing on a stool that Sean looks to have been pushed off of.

At that point, I calmed both babies down, and forced them to take naps as I'd had enough.

No comments: