Monday, July 09, 2007

Quick wrap up of the trip

We're home from California -- Mark's happy to have most of us back! Man that was a tiring trip. Between Mark's ban of binkies, Andrew constant temper trantrums, and sleepless nights with Ryan flopping around me -- I'm amazed I survived.

We visited with Mark's grandparents. Alex LOVED the creek even trying to make a dam in the final 20 minutes we were out there.

Then we headed to Mark's parents where I spent our nights and many days trying to keep the house in tack and not let the twix break things. Ending the trip with a bbq with neighbors and family. Mark's aunt and uncle and their new puppy, Mark's former neighbors, cousins, and his brother and niece. Mark was especially missed that day. The kids especially loved the hot tub. The babies liked floating and kicking their legs. Alex & Andy 'practiced' their swimming skills.

We spent some fun days with my parents -- Gilroy Gardens, the Oakland Zoo, and a couple parks. We visited with my grandma and uncle. Carolena hung out with us when she could. At Gilroy Gardens, Sean got his head stuck between bars. I figured if it went through, it would come out. So after many tries, lifting him and tugging against the bars, his head came out. Sean babbled the whole time, then went to try it again!

Home for the 4th the three youngest Mark and I went to see Ratatouille and then to lunch! Very cute movie. A first for Andy and the twix -- all were very well behaved. That night after the twix went to bed -- Andy got to do fireworks and sparklers and then we watched the fire works across the Utah Valley from the back yard! Pretty nice view -- I'll miss that next year
.

No comments: