Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dentist, Football, and more

Happening #1
At our dental check up last month, the kids hygienist gave them brushing charts. If they managed to brush twice a day everyday for a month, they one a special prize. All month long, Alex would brush and remind Andrew to brush. On the occasions where Andy would say, "Ah Man! Humph!"

Alex would remind him, "OK, don't brush. Then I'll get the special prize all by myself."Andy brushed.

Yesterday, with full charts they went to the dentist. Actually, Alex went to the dentist while I stayed in the car with the younger three as Ry Guy was sleepy. Five minutes later, Alex came out with PRIZES. To enormous bags of Skittles.
Yes, people, the DENTIST gave his own patients CANDY!

Happening #2
Alex has football. Football season has begun. I feel like every time I turn around something football is happening here. Alex plays it, practices it, runs through plays with Andrew and the twix, watches it on TV etc.

Ryan the mimic has been making the following, "do, do, do, bike!"

Happening #3
The twix are speech delayed. Therapy has begun for Ryan and Sean's will start next week. First step is sign language. That way we can have some idea what, "GRRRRRRunt" means each time they use it. It feels like they've been responding more to the signs but maybe its just my hope that I will deal with less screaming!

No comments: