Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Lots of happenings

I know I've been lagging lately. BUT, I have a good excuse -- VISITORS!

Last week, my parents and in-laws were in town! Why you might ask? Well, two of the four most awesome chicklets in Utah were celebrating their second birthday ON THE SAME DAY! Amazing, isn't it!

Yes, the twix are two! We went to the Dinosaur Park. I got the kids party favors -- shovels, pails, and mini-dinosaurs. The place has plenty of sand filled playgrounds. And much to my dad's amusement (but as I knew would happen which is why that was their party favors) the kids LOVED the shovels and pails and dug and dug and dug.

It was not my best party ever -- I still think Harry Potter was the best one. But Alex really loved the race car party best.

The kids especially Alex enjoyed all the grandparents time. He found someone to play a game with him nearly every day.

----

Alex has football. Tough guy sport. There's a bully on his team who chose Alex to pick on. Except Alex doesn't mind, his attitude, "OK, I'll play." "Let's wrestle man!"

---

Ryan and Sean are speech delayed or so I'm told! Sean was standing on the table. "Sean get down right now." (giggle,giggle.) "Sean, I mean it. One." (Pause, while he giggles more).

Ryan looks at me expectantly and then says, "Twooooo. (pause) Three. NO!" Runs to Sean and smacks him. Then comes back to me all smiles and expecting praise."

---

Andrew had his first field trip today -- the fire department! Every time I think he'll really enjoy something. He cries about it while its happening. I finally realized, he was scared of the firemen. One of them said, "Hey buddy. What's your name?" Andrew answered but hid in my legs. "I need you to be my special helper, OK." Andrew nods. "Can you help me give all the kids hats?" Nods.

Then they showed them how they dress. Andrew asks his new friend, "How come you have a yellow hat. Your hat is suppose to be red like the REAL fire hats like us?"

No comments: