Friday, October 26, 2007

Airborne

Everybody but me has a cold. Why am I immune? Airborne, baby, Airborne. I love that stuff.

Alex is very concerned with his health, so I figured even though he wouldn't like it, he'd drink the kids Airborne. Should be just like grown up Airborne. So I dumped the packet into a glass of water, where it failed to dissolve. I stirred and stirred and told him just to suck it up and drink it down.

"Uh, (shiver) Mommy, Airborne tastes really awful. (shiver)"

"Yes, but it will keep the cold away."


Its then that it occurs to me I didn't actually read the box. I pull the box back out. 'Airborne Power Pixies' Hm-mm. Like Pixie Sticks? Surely, not.

"NO WATER NEEDED. POUR DIRECTLY ONTO TONGUE." There's even a picture of a kid on the FRONT of the box pouring the powder onto his tongue.

Alex said, "So, I'll just put this right in the sink then. And maybe you can give me one to take the right way. That's why we're suppose to READ the directions of anything we take right, Mommy."

"Right, Alex."

No comments: