Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Clueless peeps

Some people get under the skin.

We went to the dollar store to get baskets/pails (but stackable) for the upcoming egg hunts. I also wanted to find 4 little gardening sets (one for each chicklet). Instead, I found lots and lots and lots of candy.

I did find the pails and cute thermos that will be great this summer for ice water. So still MIA from the E. Bunny -- the elusive shovels.

But, I digress... Back to the rude peeps.

First of all the dollar store has very few miniature carts with no suffocating-holding-in-restless-kid straps. Seany climbed up and out, while I was explaining to RyGuy to stay with me.

We rounded the first aisle, RyGuy went missing and Seany stayed glued to my side. I started running through the store calling, "Ryan, RY! Ryan!" I went out in the parking lot. And came back to the cart, told Seany and Andrew I needed to search again for Ryan and rude woman#1 says, "Um, your kids are blocking the aisle way. Could you move?"

"NO! I can't move them. And I don't have time to talk to you. My kid is missing."

Just then, Ryan comes strolling over with a couple books and a spatula he wanted me to purchase. Such blessed relief. I decided I'd had enough we were out of there.

In the slowest line know to man, we waited. Seany kept selecting and putting back candy while Ryan basically behaved in a good-ish fashion. Finally we were through the check out, 'OK guys lets go." Andrew and Ryan raced ahead and out the door.

Now Seany is missing. "Sean lets go." He runs to me with 4 candy bars in hand. "No, Sean put them back, we are leaving."

Rude man#1 says, "Gee thanks for holding the door for me. Your kid is a riot!" Yes, and you're comedian extraordinaire. I'm so impressed with your whit, I could die laughing. No offer to help, no just a chuckle about what is becoming a dangerous situation. As Ryan and Andrew race from garbage cans to car bumpers, I'm imagining I have about 30 seconds before Ryan runs into the parking lot.

Rude man #2 entering (so I realize he's not fully up to speed about my problem), says, "You know your kids are running around here without an adult." (NO kidding, really, are they really running around, I hadn't noticed nor cared, so lax I am in my concern for the safety and well being of my children.) Sean chooses then to reappear WITH 2 blow pops in hand. "No Seany. I'm putting Andrew and Ryan in the car and coming back for you." Then he drops the candy and races ahead out the door. Man #2 horrified adds, "You can't leave your kid to take care of those two!" (Watch me, mentally calling him every curse word I know.)

Sean races past him and me and heads out toward the car. Races back to me grabs my hand and the other two cross with us.

Rude woman #2 driving by very fast as I yell "STOP" to my kids glared at us as she flies by to park right next to our car. My mental cursing continued. Then she has the nerve to say something about being in a hurry and I should really keep a better grip on my kids.

These people know nothing about 3 toddlers (2 of whom are 2 with behavior issues). I can just imagine what their homes would look like if we dumped just the youngest two on any of them for an hour.

No offers to help, just more judgements and disapproval. The only time I've said anything was to a woman at Wally World who didn't like my taking Sean's shoes away after he'd kicked Alex 3 times because he started screaming. "We don't have perfect people in home. Congratulations to you and your perfect offspring, I'm so happy you get to go through everyday with out any difficulties." She just stared mildly shocked. I'd imagine I'm not supposed to respond to these "concerned" citizens but sometimes they really get to me.

No comments: