Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Boys know so much

Alex and his friend, Cole, were having a conversation in the backseat of the minivan where all their facts were wrong and they threw in many unnecessary but cool sounding phrases.

"My mom has never been very good at anything. But my mom's sister, my aunt can do the splits. One leg in front, one in back." Alex started them off. (Yes, apparently my talentless self is well known across Paysonia.)

"Well, my friend can do the splits like 70 times everyday."

"That's so wicked! That's more than 140 times a week."

"I know its awesome. That's how he got so flexible. But it can't be 140 it more like 80 a week."

"Nope I've got it correct. Wouldn't it be sweet to be able to get to them."

To be a more accurate rendering of this conversation, I should have used about 20 exclamation marks and bold and CAPS everywhere.

2 comments:

carolyn said...

no, I never did get the splits, although at one point in my life I was THIS close!

Kathryn said...

Truth counts for so little when you're impressing the 8 year old in the car ride home.