Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gravel

Today was gravel day at the Devlins. As per my usual spending habits, I chose the most expensive stuff in the state. It looks really good.

Alex was helping early in the day before he abandoned me to go bicycling around the neighborhood, practicing exciting skills like "no hands" and "curb hopping." His comment during our work together, "Mom, one thing I know for sure: manual labor is good for you."

---

Andrew another helper that came and went. Had this sage advice, "Mom, pirates should just get married and have their own kids. Then they wouldn't have to steal other people's wives and kids."

"So would I have to marry a pirate?"

HAHAHAHAHA! "No Mom. You'd just bash the pirate on the head with a shovel and tell him to hit the road."

---

Seany angry that it was Ryan's turn with the kid size wheelbarrow that belongs to the Sean-a-nator, was in the house with Mark.

---

Ryan and the little kid size wheelbarrow did a good 3 loads to every load I did. That kid is a work horse. A great source of his self worth depends on how much we appreciate his help. Mid help he peed in the lawn.

---

Mark was sick as dog and after the morning helped me on and off. Thank goodness for my friend Kelly she helped me get started in the morning.

We're halfway done with any luck we should have some grainy snaps Monday night.

No comments: