Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Car stuff

Today, we had to take care of the cars -- Mark's car needed an oil change and mine needed to the snow tires off.

First stop, the Saturn dealer. Andy was happy to play in the kiddie room. Alex wanted to sit in the car on display -- a Vue. I said, "Ok, as long as you SIT in the car."

The next thing I knew he was standing on top of the car. I was very embrassed. He was told he would sit next to me and do nothing, no playing, no talking, etc. "Can I sit in the play room?"

"NO."

"Can I read a magazine?""NO. If you utter one more word we will go outside and you will stand against the wall until the car is ready."

He sat and sat. After about 15 minutes, the receptionist took pity on him and asked if he could color a picture. I relented, but left heavy threats about any further misbehavior.

After dropping Mark's car off, we got my car and went to the tire place. There Alex discovered a courtesy phone, which he immediately picked up. I told him to put it down, he was still in serious trouble. Then Andy picked up the courtesy phone and started dialing numbers.

I thought this day would never end.

Luckily, this stop took us all of 15 minutes. In the car, on the way home, Alex said, "Mommy, I don't like doing car errands."

No comments: