Wednesday, March 02, 2005

To the doctor and the dentist we go...

Andy was a cranky bug all day yesterday and today had nasty green drainage. I thought it was time for the doctor.

Alex had a dentist appointment in the afternoon today due to what looked like 3 chipped teeth.

Andy went first. Alex announced, "We're here because Andy is sick. I'm not sick. I don't think he needs a shot though. I'm pretty sure he won't get a shot. Mommy said that Andy doesn't need a shot. So its really important to remember not to give my little brother a shot."

Andy has a massive ear infection in each ear. Both a terrible, about equally so she said. The doctor believes he didn't recover from the last two caused be the nasty hemophyllis bacterial infection they both had. He's been given strong antibiotics and drops for the pain. Believe me there is no double of his pain.

On our way out, he remembered to choose his toy. Andy looked at the 2 bracelets and toy eyeglasses and looked up at the doctor as if to say, "This is it." She suggested he follow her to the other toy bin. There, Andy choose two lizard. I thought, "Ah, one for each hand." But I was wrong, in fact, as soon as he caught up to Alex, he outstretched one hand and gave him a lizard.

Alex didn't chip his 3 teeth. He's grinded them and the pressure cracked off pieces. More sleep disorders for the kid with night terrors. Apparently, most child grinders suffer some serious stress/trauma or suffer other sleep disorders. Since I have no clue where the stress would be, we all agree its the second.

A fitted night guard runs about $250. The dentist and hygentist suggested picking up the mouth guards used for youth football as they run about $20 and do the same thing. I agreed.

No comments: