Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Monsters, Inc.

Sunday, Alex and I went on a date. We went to Monsters, Inc. (Disney on Ice). He made out with a hard hat (from the scream floor) and a light up Mike toy.

The show started with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald trying to get the kids excited -- as if they weren't already. The kids had to pop the top off the scream-o-meter. Alex said after, "I couldn't do by myself. But, when everyone did it together, then we did it!"

The monsters then appeared. Alex had a mild panic attack. Suddenly, he was content to "just watch my Monsters, Inc. movie without ice." He sat on my lap, realized we were far enough away and went back to his seat.

He spent nearly the whole show talking about Boo -- he wanted to go down and meet her, maybe after she could come out...

And at the intermission, most of our row got up to do whatever and Alex told each of them, "Wait a minute, you don't want to leave, this is only a short break."

On our way home, he said, "it sure was nice of those actors to put on the costumes of the monsters and skate the movie for us, huh Mommy? I think I liked Boo the best even though she was an actor dressed up too."

No comments: