Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Gracie and The Twix

The babies and I have been cleaning up along the exterior stairs. Basically scooping up mud and garbage and throwing it away, and repeat. I still have quite a bit more to do. I had to stop.

Gracie was sitting at the top of the steps watching us. Then she jetted past and out to the field behind the house. Not more than 2 minutes later, she scrambled back up the stairs just out of my line of sight and was back at her perch watching us. Except this time she was doing something to entice the twix.

What? She brought them a mouse. Luckily she already killed it and was trying to teach the twix some kind of hunting and gathering lesson. This I gathered from the careful placement and then whooping around the mouse did. Cats PLAY with their food, YES. Cats are sometimes gross, YES.

So I moved them back down the stairs to me and left her at the top. Ryan was very upset as he wanted to check out the mouse while Sean was mostly concerned that Ryan leave his stick alone.

She then kept coming closer tossing the mouse around as she came. Until she was inches away. So, we came back in the house to give her time to eat and in a little while it should be vermin free outside again.

I must say, although I apperciate the thought, it was a gift, we could not accept.

No comments: