Friday, April 18, 2008

So I found these fabulous cabinet locks

and they're way too expensive for our household. They're probably worth the price but at $5 a lock (we need 34), we can't afford them.

They're called TotLocks Magnet System. A powerful magnet is installed inside the cabinet, then you use the "key" to open the cabinet or drawer. Impossible to open without the "key". Just what we need for Seany.

Online I found that they have an adhesive system (which would probably not stick to our cabinets) and a drill into the wood system.

Pricing it out:

4 locks with key: $19.99 x 3 = $60.
4 locks no key: $12.99 x 6 = $78.
So that's $140 to keep our cabinets closed, chemicals in, and twix out!

The traditional cabinet locks cost $2 for 8 locks. So, we're looking at a price difference of $130. Unfortunately, Seany can open the traditional kid locks.

I don't have a clue what to do.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Grandparents that this is what the twix need for all holidays remaining this year...I absolutely adore my TotLoks...if I could find one for my fridge to keep them all from browsing through the fridge I would do it in a heartbeat. They're excellent and you can't get them open without the magnetic key. I've forgotten to grab the key and tried to pull on the door with normal adult force and still not made the thing budge. BRU has an 8 lock set for $30 online if that helps. The only con I have about them is that once installed, you can't easily tell where to use the magnetic key to unlock the cabinets. I just got around that by using a pencil to draw a circle around the "key" while it was in the correct spot...so all my kitchen cabinets have dark contractor pencil circles on them, but please...four kids...you know as well as I (better with the twix, I'm sure! ;)) if pencil marks are the worst things on my kitchen cabinets, I'm having a fantastic day! LOL :D I can't say enough good about them...buy them!!! :D