Friday, June 05, 2009

And the doctor said....

I've got a massive pus pocket aka infection more than 1/2 the breast. Gross. Sorry. Very concerned about fever and it spreading. They don't even want me to get any out incase it spreads.

They may have to lance it at an ER this weekend or early next week at the doctor's office to drain it all out. Its very deep right now so they'd have to cut through a lot of tissue before they could get to it. The pus is very hard and thick so they're afraid to just use a syringe.

Basically its a mess and I'm out of commission until it heals. Can't do anything involving lifting or upper body. I can walk, but can't wear bras until it heals -- imagine how comfortable that feels. No more than walking though and short walks nothing exerting.

They're very concerned about the infection getting into the rest of me and fevers and such. I have a massive headache and slight fever. Both are related. The fever is a concern. If it gets very high or the pus pocket continues to grow after the 2 doses of antibiotics today, I may have to go the ER this weekend.

I'm hoping I'll be ok next week. Friday is Andrew's surgery and I want to very much be there for him.

No comments: