Thursday, June 04, 2009

Falling apart

What's a family to do when the mommy falls apart?

Last Friday, I woke to a giant bruise on my calf -- translates to a second ruptured blood vessel. After a week of the doctor researching and having my blood tested for all variety of diseases and checking into a hereditary condition. He decided I had a spontaneous rupture due to stress. How in the world am I supposed to reduce the stress. We have to get through the yard stuff. We have to get Ryan potty trained. We have to clean occasionally and put away our stuff....

Today, I woke to a horribly painful breasty. Felt like I missed a feeding back in the days when they fed people. As the day wore on it got worse. Finally, I got some discharge out and it is even more sore now. I called all variety of doctors' offices from Provo down to Payson and finally after the 6th call, a doctor agreed to have his nurse practitioner see me tomorrow. PAIN! SUFFERING! "Nearest appointment is 2 weeks out." "We can see you the last week of June." I realize lots of women here in Utah are popping babies out left and right so they're very busy. But I was ready to go across the street and beg my OB/GYN neighbor to diagnosis it. Which I really feel despite him being a great neighbor and his wife being my good friend here must cross some kind of neighbor boundary.

Honestly! Suffering! Pain! H E L P!

So, tomorrow, we find out if I have an infection or cyst or what. I had to beg and plead even though the girl was very compassionate and left me on hold for ages to convince the doctor to see me. I wouldn't be surprised if I get put through an extra painful mammogram tomorrow "just to be safe..."

1 comment:

carolyn said...

yikes, poor thing. I'm sorry to hear this. Hope you feel better soon. Sending love.