Friday, June 12, 2009

Andrew has an operation

We got to Primary Children's bright and early and sitting in the waiting room, I saw Rachel Coleman of Signing Time! I walked by her and her husband and then decided to introduce ourselves and tell them how much we admire them. They do so much good with Signing Time and parenting their daughters -- one with spina bifida like Ryan. She was so nice and gave Andrew a signed picture and some temporary tattoos! I recently was thinking about people I'd like to meet and she was on the list! Very awesome woman. Truly an inspiration. Thanks Rachel and Aaron for letting us met you so graciously!

This is Andrew's buddy. He practiced all sorts of evil medical maneuvers on him. Gassed him, 'loved his arm (blood pressure cuff),' checked on his heartbeat, placed an IV in his hand, etc. He went through all the stuff Andrew had to go through and he did it first. He even smiled the whole time -- what a buddy!

Post-Op, Andrew had the equivalent to a 20-minute night terror. He was totally out of it and screaming for ages and ages. It was awful. After about an hour he asked to have his IV out (he was sort of stable) and then immediately threw up. He then refused to have an IV reinserted and is still sick and nauseated. The wound care is pretty easy except for the giant white bandage covering his head!
After dropping him at home, I had to go to a job interview. I was home for 30 minutes -- got him settled with Mark and off I went. Out of 70 applicants, they interviewed 12 and I'm in the final 4. Lets hope I get it. No health benefits but if Mark doesn't find a job soon, we'll need anything I can earn.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

Good luck! I hope you get it. Please send Andy my love xxxooo