Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Preschool Name Game

Yesterday, Andy's preschool teacher called. She said she had two Andrew D.'s in 3 year old preschool. Did Andy want to go by a nickname like I don't know his nickname, Andy?

One would think the answer would be yes. But, alas, no. Andy only answers to 'Andy' if I call him that. He wanted to go by Andrew. So I told the teacher, I'd talk to him about it and get back to her today. She was going to go ahead with Andrew D_____ and Andrew D____ as their classroom names.

After picking up Alex from school, I told him the story. I figured he'd identify with the story and perhaps find it amusing. At the end, he said, "Mommy, you guys are making it WAY too hard. Just call Andrew, 'Andrew James'."

Brilliant! I was practically bouncing out of my seat at how obvious this solution was! For the official record, ALEX HAS INHERITED THE GENIUS GENE!

Later Mark's grandparents called and a certain Great-Grandpa Jim was very pleased with Alex's solution.

No comments: