Sunday, February 10, 2008

Guns in disguise

Alex and Andrew finally used their birthday money from Grandma & Papa to choose a toy. I suggested they might to save some for a vacation later in the year and Alex steered Andrew away from the $20+ toys and toward the $10 ones.

They choose a "Power Ranger Drill Thing" and a "Power Ranger Mercury Locator." Don't sound like guns do they. Guns they be, I was to discover when actually looking at the toys while prying them out of their packaging tearing up my fingertips.

"Mommy we need batteries for the sounds."

"No, no batteries. You guys can use your imaginations to make sounds."

Andrew, locator/gun in hand, looked at me, looked at the gun, scrunched up his nose and asked, "Uh, so Mommy, how do I use my imaginations?"

Darn those big words!

No comments: