Thursday, May 22, 2008

Boston Legal

One of my favorite TV shows tells the story of a conservative and a liberal friendship. Last night, the conservative, Denny Crane (played by William Shatner) said something like the following.

The thing about your generation is that you don't know how personal it is
to my generation to be an American. You grew up in a time when
America was/is a superpower.

When my generation were kids, we went to bed at night with Hitler trying to
take over the world. America could end.


Its a point of view that is often forgotten when we rail against all that is wrong with this country we forget. No wonder our elders think we have no respect for America. The difference between enacting change (necessary change) and total disrespect can be a fine line. Its a bit of dialogue that I think will always stay with me.

And I think all you all should be watching Boston Legal all the time.

No comments: