Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Zoo things

Alex was fascinated by the polar bear arm and pelt -- the claws felt like pieces of dried wood.


The elephant trunk.


A tiger turtle.


Seany caught in a giant spider web. Andrew said many times that the giant spider eats people and although he knew it was fake he would NOT play in the web.


Ryan gave up just before the playground and spent most of the rest of the visit snoozing.

Things the kids and I touched: hissing cockroach.

Things the kids touched (not Seany as he fell asleep and not I as I was holding Seany): king snake that eats rattle snakes (not Alex snakes creep him out), bearded dragon (lizard/iguana type thing), and a possum. Andrew really wanted to touch the trantula but they wouldn't let him because it gets scared and stings you with its little hairs. As an aside, I have touched a trantula.

Let it be known, I'm not the complete wimp certain peeps (Mark) would have the world believe.

No comments: