Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Water Water Water

So this morning, Alex and the neighbor girls went for a bike ride to pick blackberries. After they came back, the had waters and otterpops from the garage fridge (or so I thought).

A bit later Alex and Andrew went to another kids house to play for a bit. Sean and Ryan and I decided to walk a bit (explore). Just as we crossed the street, Ron (the guy in charge of dealing with all my complaints) pulls up.

He explained that he saw Alex with 2 girls at the model house. One girl climbed in a window and reappeared with 3 waters. Then they split. He said that the models windows and doors where on a silent alarm system that would cause the police to show up when ever its armed even if deactivated after it goes off.

I agreed to talk to Alex and the girls. But I still can't figure out what's the deal with the window. There's no screen on it. The windows are the same in our house so you couldn't open it from the outside unless it was left unlocked. I asked about it but this was brushed aside. What if next time it wasn't 2 8 year olds and a 6 year old? Am I crazy to think that Richmond should be more concerned about this?

Anyway, as soon as Sean and Ryan fell asleep, Alex and I walked over to the model where he replaced the 3 waters and apologized for stealing them. He was very embarrassed especially since it was the 6 year old who did and not him. Then I had to explain that he accepted the stolen water and stood by waiting for her while she pilfered them.

The 6 year old girl was grounded but no consequences for the 8 year old girl. What happened to accountability?

No comments: