Monday, January 31, 2005

Field Trip

Today Alex's preschool class had a field trip. They went to the dentist. Alex is very frightened of the dentist.

When I dropped him off at preschool, his teacher said, "Kathryn, I have enough parents to drive, you don't need to come."Alex interrupted, "Mommy, you can come if you want to though."

I agreed to attend the field trip.

Alex told the hygentist all about his belt, "You have to be a big kid to wear a belt."

He was first to ride the dental chair up and down.

He let her spray the air on his hand and touch the suction to the tip of his finger.

I didn't quite know why he needed me there.

Alex discovered there was nothing to fear. No one looked at his teeth or poked at his mouth and as we left, he said, "Wow Mommy, that was sure a fun fee-ild trip. I can't wait to tell Daddy all about it."

Andy also enjoyed the field trip -- he spent the whole time trying to knock off the dental utensils and charged down the hall way looking for an escape hatch upon snatching a dental mirror.

No comments: