Monday, January 10, 2005

Momma's littlest helper

I, as usual, have laundry to do. Today, while Alex was at preschool, Andy was following my every move. Everywhere I went, he went.

So upon enter the laundry room, he placed himself square infront of the open dryer. There he took out mini-socks and would put them in my arms. After emptying the dryer, it was time to put the stuff in the washer into the dryer.

This was absolutely the most fun Andy has experienced in his handful months here on earth. He took each item from my hand and 'tossed' it into the dryer. Sort of a baby toss, a deliberate placement that resulted in many items finding there way onto the floor -- much to his amusement.

Everytime an item landed on the floor he burst into hysterics. Each time, he would bend down, pick it up and drop it back on the floor to continue the giggle fest.

After many repeat performances Andy lost interest and picked up two or three items at a time, put them in the dryer and got down on all fours. The next thing I knew, wet wash cloth in hand (perhaps a sovineur of the merriment) he was headed out.

I retrieved the wash cloth and upset Andy. He then followed me back into the laundry room, took the wash cloth out of the dryer, and placed it on the other side. Andy looked at me and smiled, requested to be held and watched me work wonders by turning the machine on.

No comments: