Saturday, January 22, 2005

Yesterday, my heart skipped a beat. Alex is taking care of his class frog, named Butterfly all weekend. Thank God, its not a real frog. Just a stuffed animal. I'm sure it would have died overnight.

Alex takes his caregiving duties quite seriously, the poor frog isn't alone for a minute.

So, yesterday, while dragging Butterfly around, Alex pronounced, "I'm going on a date."

I paused, gulped, "With who?"


"You, Mommy. You silly. I'm taking you on a date."

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) Yes, I was delighted to hear the news.

Today, we had our date -- our lunch date.

Alex chose a lively Irish place not far from home, "Old McDonalds."

He ditched me upon ordering to play in the playplace. He reappeared when the food was ready and proceed to educate me on the important dating rules.

1. You have to be very, extra nice to you date.

2. Your date has to be very, extra nice to you.

3. That's about it.

After lunch, I offered to take him to Cold Stone for ice cream. He was very agreeable. Though, he was concerned about the amount of ice cream he'd received. He was given "way too much ice cream."

I suggested he save some for later.

"Wow, Mommy you're really smart. Is that why you're a mommy?"


Yes, it was a splendid date.

No comments: