Monday, January 03, 2005

ouch

When Mark arrived home from work today. I asked Alex to share with us the story of the yellow mitten -- preschool homework to be done with whole family.

I read and Alex acted out the story out with his yellow mitten and creatures. Then it was Mark's turn to read and Alex would again act out the story. As Alex turned to take the creatures out of the mitten. I noticed a bump (a goose egg) and hair stuck to the blooded bump on his head.

"Alex what happened to your head?!"

"Nothing." Fear passed across his eyes.

"How'd you get that bump and that blood on your head?"

"I don't have any bump or blood. Nothing happened."

Mark tries, "Alex, you won't be in trouble just tell us what happened."

"I was swinging my soccer metal thing (his medal from soccer last year) around and it hit me in the head. And then I touched my head and there was blood so I got my washcloth and wiped it off."

I was so relived I nearly giggled. "When did you do this?"

"This morning." In Alex's mind, 'morning' is any time the sun is out -- no idea when it happened. Probably when he was watching "Hot Wheels World Race" and I was holding Andy to get him to take a nap.

Mark and Alex cleaned it and put Neosporin on it and I photgraphed it.

No comments: