Saturday, January 08, 2005

Spy secrets

Alex received quite a lot of spy gear/equipment for his birthday and Christmas. A good thing -- the kid loves spies, especially kid spies (Cody Banks 1 & 2, Spy Kids 1, 2, &3, and even Catch that Kid).

So one day not long ago, I noticed Alex. How could I not?

He was wearing his spy night vision goggles, his spy tool belt, talking into his voice distorter, and flipping with great florish through my most recent Victoria's Secret catalog. Yes, Alex was flipping through a catalog devoted to the sale of sexy women's lingerie, an assortment of half naked, provocatively posed supermodels.

Why would he be doing this? No, he's not quite that curious a five year old.

The word secret. Alex can read some words like secret. Hence the Victoria's Secret catalog was not a mailing for me to order items to look ridiculous in, but in reality, a manual. A manual of spy secrets. A very important for authorized eyes only secret collection of instructions for proper spy technique.

The dilema: How to dispose of secret spy manual without upsetting Agent Alex Devlin, a member of the impressive C.A.I. not to be confused with the C.I.A.

Its still here. I'm planning on throwing it in the outside garbage while he's at preschool on Monday.

No comments: