Thursday, December 06, 2007

My vent on stranger interfence

So, we were at Target. By we, I mean just the twix and me. Not even a three year old to tell me if a baby was climbing out of a cart. So I put them both in the basket section of one cart.

Then they proceeded to fight the entire time. By the time we were headed out to the parking lot, they were actually trying to throw the other baby OUT of the cart. I kept saying, "Stop!" Finally, I yelled, "STOP IT!" I pulled their hands off each other, sat them down and told them, "DO NOT TOUCH EACH OTHER!"

That's when hippy man aka "father of the year" says very snidely "You stop it. I can't tolerate you abusing your kids."


"Look mister. If my kids are trying to kill each other, I break it up. That's not abuse."

That's when he walks over to us. I now can put neither kid in a car seat, because he might try to stop me. I'm afraid he'll do something to me or the kids, etc.

"Leave us alone or I'll call the police." I'm already dialing.


"Please call them, I'll be happy to fill out a report regarding what I've witnessed."

The operator gets on the line. "This man has approached me and my kids and won't leave. I broke up a fight between them and he's accused me of abuse. I don't know what to do. I can't put either in their car seats because that leaves one kid with him."

She says they're sending an officer.

He says, "I've got shopping to do" and walks away. And there were other people in the parking lot, none of whom offered any assistance!

And the operator said, "If he's left I'll cancel the call." She wasn't even considered with supposed abuse.

FREAK!


---

Yesterday, we (again, the twix and me) went to Target again. (I'm noticing this seems to happen at Target)

We were buying some items in preparation for my family's visit -- Bath rugs for the basement bathroom, so Carolyn can get out of the shower and not freeze her toes off, a little heater for her bedroom, etc.

Everywhere we went, I smelled Seany poop. I check his diaper -- no poop. I checked his diaper again -- still no poop. On and on I went. After we paid, I decided to change his diaper just to be sure before we headed home.

I found the poop -- down his legs and up his back. I still cannot figure out how it happened.

So, all his clothes were nasty. It was 35 degrees outside. My jacket was nasty. Still 35 degrees outside. We had to buy Seany something to wear.

Back to toddler boys where we find one cheap jammie set.

Back to the registers. The woman in the line (I made the mistake of choosing for its few shoppers) says, "You do realize that kid is going to get cold in this weather don't you?"

I was thinking, "Um, is she a total idiot or is she pretending to be one for my benefit? Why would I go out with one kid dressed and one kid naked? Why would I take him naked once through the store and then get back in line? Does she have no logical brain function at all?"

Instead I say, "Hence the clothes I am buying after making ALL my other purchases."


After we paid. I very calmly dressed him again. When we got to the car, I realized Ryan just pooped. Yes, I actually sighed in disbelief.

I hate these snap judgement strangers. They see only what they want to instead of the actual circumstances. STOP INTERFERING! I also hate those jerks who comment angrily as they continue on their way that my baby is climbing out of the cart. How am I suppose to know that Sean or Ryan (whomever) is in cart #2 being pulled behind me has Houdinied out of the cart strap and is out of their seat? I only appreciate the people who tell me to stop nicely or put them back in.

---

For the record, after the scary man incident and the stupid woman of this week, I will no longer allow myself to be put down for parenting my kids. If you don't like what you see, look away. Go make a pair of twin boys yourself and always be perfect. Congratulations, you have no idea what your in for.

No comments: