Saturday, December 15, 2007

Wally World Pharmacy

So Sean had just had surgery. I stopped at Wally World to get his prescription filled. I stopped at the one closest to the hospital as he hadn't fallen asleep, and I wanted his sleep to be undisturbed.

I turned in the prescription, "About how long?"

"We're a LITTLE (she said LITTLE, not crazy busy, not heavily behind, etc) busy. So give us 20 minutes."

Twenty minutes later we went back, I check on at the pick up window.

"No its not ready. Our standard wait time is 40 minutes and it goes up from there." So one of the two girls told an outright lie.

"I wouldn't have stayed if I'd known that. The girl said 20 minutes. My kid just had surgery and needs his drops in an hour."

"Oh we'll be done long before that."

Sean was fussy all this time, except when eating some animal crackers to settle his stomach (or so I thought).

Forty-five minutes later, still no prescription. "Can't you call the insurance company and see what's going on? He doesn't feel well, he's had surgery 2 hours ago, and I need to put the drops in."

"Well its faster if we do it this way."

"But that hasn't worked," I say to the back of a blond head as she saunters off.

Sean got really fussy and threw up. Now she refuses to make eye contact with me. I went out to the car and got his sleeper. On my way back in their door greeter keeps saying, "GOOD MORNING" louder and louder, to which I running by her replied, "No. Not really."

I went to the baby aisle and got their wipes off the shelf. I returned where he continued to wail and said, "EXCUSE ME! He just threw up all over himself and your floor. You need to call for a clean up."

Suddenly they could call the insurance company. I was done being a patient customer and switched to only caring about Sean's comfort. As each wipe was nastified, I threw it into the throw up (they couldn't spare a plastic bag until after he was dressed and they realized I'd added to the mess).

His fever returned. So I ripped open a bottle of Tylenol, held out my hand, and told her to give me a dropper now.

When I told my sister this story, my mom said she did think it wasn't like me to just throw wipes and clothes on the floor. And demand something.

After all that, they couldn't get it to process, so I was sent to the other Wally World where the ear drops would be waiting.

NOT! As usual I was lied too.

The other store had to pull the order from them, they called the insurance company and had me out of there in 15 minutes flat.

Another bad experience at that Wally World.

No comments: