Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Naughy boys

Yesterday afternoon was one of those occasions that makes me feel like I'm a total failure at this mom thing.

First, I let the twix out of their room after their naps. Sean's face was covered in scratches. I asked him about it. He made quite a lot of gesturing and pointed and Ryan while saying, "ah do ah do do RYYYYan do do daaaaaa!"

"Ryan, look at Mommy." He immediately did his turn to the side and collapse to the ground thing. So, I stood him back up. "Ryan, look at Sean's face. Did you hurt (signed hurt) Sean? Did you give Seany these owies (signed hurt again)?"

Ryan stared at me in silence, slightly pouting. Sean started signing hurt and exclaimed, "Ah do ah do do RYYYYan do do daaaaa!" again.

Break to downstairs, I took the twix down to the basement with me to clean up the playroom. Andrew was left to read a book, while Alex read a book. We came back upstairs and I discovered Andrew had ripped all the flaps off his lip the flaps book. BIG TROUBLE.

I started putting clothes away, I went into Alex & Andrew's room. I noticed blue finger prints all over their mirror. I asked them about it. Alex decided to write the alphabet all over his mirror to see how many letter Andrew knew.

I hear Sean saying, "WEEEEEEE!" Followed by a thud. Then "WEEEEEE!" again and another thud. Sean was diving from chair to end table and back.

Everyone was placed unceremoniously on the couch for 1 hour until it was time to make dinner. Then they were moved to seats at the table that would not allow anyone to touch. Alex had to write lines. Other that, everyone sat and did not move or speak until Mark got home. For 2 hours nobody got to do anything. I took away TV, toys, dessert, books, everything. They have to earn everything back today.

Last night when going to bed, Andrew said, "Mommy, tomorrow I will not rip up any books ever again. That's a bad thing. And I won't want to be bad tomorrow."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a day!!! but I really like how sweet the last line of the story went.