Monday, January 12, 2009

Chip

Yesterday, lunch for the chicklets was a bit of scrounge around (when is it not). I made pb&js (which Andrew is again eating, thank you). And Mark passed out the dregs from the corn chips left over from my parents stay.

I sat between Andrew and Sean and ate my sandwich. Sean was very concerned that I had no chips. I insisted it was ok, I was perfectly happy with no chips. But Sean could not be swayed. He gave me a half a chip and said, "Here ya go Mommy. El-come. Mommy."

I thanked him. Not to outdone by a 3 year old, Alex (who had mostly crumbs) gave me 2 eighths of a chip. Ryan jumped in with a crumb of his own. And then Andrew gave me a speck. A speck that stuck to his finger and he rubbed into the table in front of me.

"Geee! Thanks! Andrew! I don't know if I'd of enjoyed my lunch without my speck!"

Giggles in sued. "Mommy, I love you."

Later that night, "Mommy, that was so funny when I gave you my smallest chip of all!"

No comments: