Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ironman

When you have lots of chicklets, lots of chicklets all the same gender, lots of boy chicklets, you know you love them all but sometimes one of them does something that just makes you feel, "Oh, my gosh, you are so cute. I heart you so much that it pains me."

Tonight, Alex decided to clean up his toys without asking just as I was trying to tuck him in. He gathered the mini cannons into a shooter thing and let them drop into their drawer one at a time. He collected all his army men having them crash, die, and burn their way into their bucket. He sorted Andrew's toys (kept in Alex's room- safe from twix) into their own area, "This is where Andrew likes to have his toys." He just about broke my heart.

And then, he picked up a little tiny cargo box about an inch long and a quarter inch deep. "Oh, this is actually my Indiana Jones' son's box, but I like to pretend its Ironman's instructions for his red and gold suit being down loaded when I play Ironman," he explained with massive gesturing to and fro.

"I didn't know you had an Ironman toy," I said, quickly running through the inventory of gifts he'd received last month.

"Oh, I don't. Its in my imagination. You know when we saw the Ironman suit at Wal-Mart for $11 and I decided to get my bike tires instead..."

Broken. Heart. Broken. I heavily influenced that decision thinking practically.

"....But, its ok. That's why its good to have an imagination."

I'm going to Wal-Mart tomorrow and if they still have it, he's getting it for Easter.

I know that God blessed me when he gave me, my Alex.

No comments: