Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas Jammies

Christmas 2008, each boy had matching brand new super soft jammies (see Christmas Eve and Morning posts for pictures). Since Christmas Alex, Sean, and Ryan have worn them on occasion in general jammie rotation. Not Andrew.

Last night, I was helping Andrew change into his jammies. "How about your Christmas jammies, Andrew?"

"No. Mommy, put those back. I'll just wear these ones." (Very old, from Alex's days, hardly fit Andrew and all pilly.)

"But Andrew you haven't worn your new jammies once since Christmas. Do you like them?"

"Mommy, those are my CHRISTMAS jammies. I'm saving them for next Christmas."

After much discussion, Daddy-kins had to be called in. He promised the kid new Christmas jammies. That they get new Christmas jammies each year. Its a tradition. The last 3 years in a row my parents have gotten each kid jammies. But they never match all the kids -- its nearly impossible with that age spread.

Actually this was the first year we bought them jammies. And only because way back in March, Kids on the Move had a fundraiser where they were $3 a pair. So for $12, I outfitted them with jammies for what I'd imagined was going to be a photo shot at Penneys. That never happened.

Must now ask everyone to be on the look out for matching winter jammies for next Christmas. Sizes 8, 5, and 3T (times 2).

No comments: