Monday, April 13, 2009

Snow then sun then snow then sun then snow...

Equals very touchy, crabby Utahns. I've had my 4th experience with a crabby person today -- these are adult peeps not the chicklets. TODAY WAS BEAUTIFUL. The forecast for tomorrow rain, followed by more rain, then snow Thursday.

It's got to be the weather. I act all friendly and cheerful and get a sort of reprimand for being nice to these people who've been entombed in their homes since November. Its like they get a taste of sun and it's snatched back so their happy gene goes back into its cave. In all cases, they have some other legitimate concern. But that's my entire existence, one major issue after another.

I'm not saying that I'm always Miss Sunshine, but I don't think I take it out on others (expect for that one unfortunate blow up last spring). I think I fake cheerfulness until I feel it as per my parenting training a year ago.

Today, marked the 4th such occasion with yet another person. So may I suggest, everyone try my way, take it a day (sometimes hour) at a time and plaster that smile on until it sticks all by itself.

No comments: