Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Carolena

My sister got to go on a cruise over the weekend. I was feeling happy for her but jealous I had no such freedom. I was very excited for her to get home and tell me all about it. I wanted to know basically what she did from sun up to bed time each day.

Instead, my mom called last night. Carolyn had been hit by a car walking home from BART.

Thank God, she is ok. Carolyn is very sore with bruises, scrapes and bumps. No broken bones. No surgery. NO serious injuries. Apparently, she flew into the air, hit the windshield with her head, and then flew across the street into a man (turns out an EMT) on the other side of the street. He sort of cushioned the fall.

Carolyn is fine except for the getting hit by a car part of it.

My stomach is still in knots when I think about it and I keep saying mini-thank you prayers at random moments.

No comments: