Saturday, January 05, 2008

Yesterday was a busy day

I was very busy. I had lots and lots to do (I hate to clean up on snowy Saturdays), I took a slightly longer shower than usual to prepare myself. When I came downstairs, I found two twix minus clothes and diapers with Crayola marker stripes all over their bodies. Pictures are X-rated thanks to the lack of diapers -- so sorry folks! Baths were added to the list.

I made every bed (8 beds - 2 were from having house guests, 6 were because in the winter I make all beds to help keep them warmer), cleaned every bathroom (4 bathrooms including scrubbing the floors), washed and folded 3 loads of laundry, picked up and put away and reorganized nearly every toy, cleaned and organized the bar, collected and threw away garbage (included recyclables like cardboard) on 3 floors (6 garbage bags), put away about 1/2 the Christmas stuffs, swept and mopped the kitchen, paid mailed and filed the bills for the week, washed 3 boys, and got a call from the realtor that people were coming at 6 to look at the house. Thank goodness I'd already felt industrious.

They showed up at 5:40 just as I was wiping down the kitchen counters and table. The realtor insisted their appointment was for 5:30 and I wasn't used to people being on time. I assured him that Pieter said 6 and we would leave right away. That realtor was so impatient for us to leave, I actually had to say, "It will take me a couple minutes to strap both two year olds in their car seats."

We went to Costco to get the stock up on items, met Mark there, the chicklets were thrilled to get hot dogs. Then Andy and I went to Wally World for the rest of the groceries -- 3 items I needed they were out of, 1 no longer has a shelf tag! Then home were I put away all this stuff, changed diapers, got the chicklets in bed.

I immediately laid down on my bed having realized that I had head ache. When I came to, it was 7:30 this morning. I feel much better.

No comments: