Friday, January 18, 2008

One must be smarter than the two year olds...

My mom likes this quote. I believe she deserves the credit as she's said it many times. I now have to again become smarter than the 2 year olds. Specifically, Seany. Dear, dear, dear, dear, dear Seany.

I needed to shower this morning. I debate with myself each morning and sometimes I elect to just "wash up" (very 1800s) and some mornings I elect to risk a show-er! I say show-er because I never know what I will find upon completion of said activity.

Today, I put on George as in Curious George. Its a twix favorite and I felt I had a good 5 minutes before they got bored. Two minutes in, I hear, "Crash! Shatter! Crash! Crash!"

Ryan shouting, "NO! DOP (stop)! (bang) NOOOOOO! MOMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!"

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could dripping wet, imagining knives entering bellies, glass in feet... I found Seany emptying the dishwasher onto the floor by throwing everything out. I found Ryan frantically (I truly mean frantically) shoving plates, forks, glasses (broken and not) back into the dishwasher.

Seany has figured out how to unlatch yet another appliance.

Injuries:
Andrew: None, busy watching George.
Sean: None, busy creating mess.
Ryan: None, how he managed to not get hurt is a mystery.
Mommy: 1 cut thumb, trying to pick up a big piece of glass I didn't notice the itty bitty silver.

No comments: