Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This morning

We had speech therapy. Mark went to work late and played with Andrew while Seany, Ryan, and Charmayne (the therapist) and I got busy not talking. Sean and Ryan were silent for a whole hour. No talking. Very little signing. I had to assure her that they really do those things.

Next time we made sure to schedule it at their usual 10 am time slot where the seem to actually sign and talk. So that she can model the things she'd like us to work on. And she wanted to make sure Andrew would be part of the group, because when Andrew's around, the twix mimic him.

After the session, I made the chicklets a snack and we went to Wally World in a slightly breezy sunny morning to pick up a few items. When we left the store, it was like a blizzard had struck. I spun out making a left turn and we were perpendicular to where we needed to be. The guy behind me. Stopped traffic, gave me a push and directed me back into the tracks. Poor guy must have been freezing. But we appreciated his efforts.

When we got home, the chicklets pretended to be starving and ate half their lunch and then it was nap time. I just got them to fall asleep after an hour of telling them to lay down.

Only 4 more hours until Mark gets home and then I get a break.

No comments: