Friday, November 30, 2007

1st, 2nd & 3rd Grade Choral Reading Performance

Alex's entire second grade performed one song to rhyme about ice cream. Though we couldn't hear a word they uttered, the kids did their very best. Not one microphone was on that stage, so how they were supposed to be heard, we don't know.

Before we left home, Alex was nervous.

"Mommy, they want us to wear our Sunday best. We don't do that. We go to CHURCH in JEANS! What are we going to do?"

I assured him he'd look good in one of his sweaters and brown slacks. Disaster #1 avoided.

"Mommy, we're supposed to act like professional actor's on stage and NOT WAVE TO OUR PARENTS! What if I forgot and get excited and wave? What if my nose runs? What if I fall down?"

I gave him a benadryl to dry up his nose and a couple tissues to keep in his pocket. I assured him the world would not end if he waved and reminded him that I fell down in 5Th grade at a performance and no one even noticed.

Disaster #2 avoided and a distraction! "You fell down! Did you get hurt? What happened?"

"I got up and continue where the song was."

Just as we're getting into the car, "Mommy, what if I forget all the words? I don't want to mess up everyone else. I really hope I won't mess up."

I assured him that he wouldn't, that he's friends would help him if he forgot, and all would be well. Disaster #3 avoided.


And here he is with his two best friends -- Anne and Ryland.

On stage where he spotted me and remembered to NOD and not wave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think he looks very sharply dressed !! Nervous?? It looks to me like he is cool as a cucumber up there on stage..