Monday, November 19, 2007

Birthday Party Season is upon us!

All year, Alex has said he wanted his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. A couple days ago, I asked him if he decided which 4 friends he wanted to invite.

Yesterday, Alex said, "Mommy, do I have to have my party at Chuck E. Cheese?"

"No, why?"


"I want to invite more friends."

"OK, you need to make a choice. More friends means a party at home. Fewer friends means a party at Chuck E. Cheese."


"I want my party at home."

"I want my party at home, toooo." chimed in Andrew.


So off to the party store we went. It was closed -- Sunday.

So off to Target we went. Alex chose Transformers and Andy chose Spiderman (I was rooting for Cars). Andy said, "My next party will be Cars, Mommy. I really like cars." (For the record, I believe he chose Spidey because the plates are not circles, they're shaped like his head.)

Last night, I made the cut outs for the invitations. Construction paper invitations are not preparation free! I just finished Andrew's invitations and Alex and I will make his after dinner tonight. He's getting kind of particular.

Party game ideas, anyone?

No comments: