Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Day Run Down

Thanksgiving started out much like any other. Except, I decided to plan my shopping for Friday morning. After spending some time online, I had to go to Kmart.

Alex's gift was on sale there. I called first and was told they wouldn't be giving out information on availability -- first come, first serve, yada, yada, yada. Of course, they were already out of stock.

My parents live 2 minutes from their Kmart. My dad got himself out of bed and picked up the present for me! He's a great dad and papa!

So, I headed to another store, picked up a couple items and then headed home.

Dinner was ready a couple hours later. Mark made, turkey (the most tender, flavorful ever), dressing, green beans with red bell peppers (delicious, but didn't go with the rest of it), asparagus (over cooked), and mashed potatoes. Very yummy.

We decided to take a family picture on the couch before we ate. All the kids in 'nice' clothes -- nice means jeans not sweats. We ate in about a half hour and then we played Yahtzee.

The only way to make Yahtzee stressful is to include Seany and RyGuy. Seany was climbing all over the table trying to write on every one's tab. While, RyGuy, my dear, sweat, RyRy cried every time he had to pass the dice to Andrew.

We only managed one round.

Then we had pie -- Oreo pie. Delicious.


Right after that was when I started feeling sick to my stomach. At first I thought I ate too much, though I didn't eat tons. It can't be food poisoning because everyone else is fine. I'm still feeling slightly off. All night long, I woke to an aching stomach.

I was actually relieved this morning at 4:30 when I had to get up to go get the presents at Wally World! Alex came with me. Last night, just before bed he said, "Mommy, I changed my mind, I want to go with you in the morning to get the gifts."

So we went. We arrived at 5:05 am. I saw massive amounts of cars and people with carts full of MY printer. We found our items except Shrek 3 & Ratatouille for the twix and headed to the registers. We waited 4 minutes and I realized I forgot my wallet and cash.

At 5:55 am, I called my wonderful husband. He dragged himself and 3 tots out of their beds so I could save us approximately $175 -- of course, really I would have just found other gifts that fit the budget, but still. The man is an angel.

At 6:30 am, we paid for our stuff and headed over to Bed, Bath and Beyond. Nobody was in there but this one man who was watching us very curious if what we were buying was on sale. The cashier gave me a coupon, I bought Mark's birthday gift and we headed on out.

We hit Sears Grand, they had all wrong sizes and then we went to Target. The line wrapped around the entire store. As they get another truck full of crap in this afternoon or tonight, we'll hit them later.

I still have a tummy ache.

No comments: