Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cleaning up the playroom

Yes, you read that title right. I cleaned up the playroom with the help of Andy and Seany. RyGuy spent the day ignoring us and getting upset when toys made their way into storage bags.

To organize the toys, I bought 80 gallon sized storage bags, 8 XL storage bags (for the big stuff), 6 55 gallon bins, and 3 trips to the trash can. Not to mention the stuff headed toward craigslist or freecycle.

Andrew would eagerly await for me to "write my letters" on a bag, then tell him what went in it.

"Andrew, this bag is for all the frogs."

"Andrew, this bag is for all the race cars. No trucks, SUV, or other vehicles, only racers."

"I got it Mommy, don't worry so much," as he tossed in a couple fire trucks and a blimp.


Sean didn't wait for instruction, he just picked up stuff and added it to whatever bag, seemed like a good idea.

Sean's method:

That bag of dinosaur needs a telephone, T-Rex might need to make a call.

That bag of Batman action figures, it really needs a baby doll bib.

And so it went.

Mark and I finished at 10:30 last night. Except I can't get rid of the rejects until Monday. Alex is very suspicious.

No comments: