Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Crazy Morning

This morning, I went to the restroom -- quickly. I can pee and wash my hands in like 2 minutes. When I came out, Sean had stripped down to just his diaper and was eating 4 enormous cherry lollipops -- red corn syrup dripping down his chin to his chest. Andrew had cinnamon bread out -- I mean a whole loaf. And Ryan, dear, dear, dear Ryan had pushed a chair to the refrigerator where he proceeded to push the water button for probably a minute and a half. I actually thought the kitchen had flooded before I put it all together.

It was 9:30, the speech therapists would be here in 1 hour. I dried the water, wiped Sean's face and scolded Andrew.

I got in the shower at 10:10. At 10:12, Andrew came in with a light saber, a purple light saber that Santa will be dropping off Christmas morning for Andrew. Sean had the blue one that will be given to Alex. At 10:12 and 30 seconds, I said in my most ferocious, ragious voice, "You get all the toys back in that closet and close that door now." Andrew grabbed the toy from Sean and disappeared. Sean chased after him screaming.

I washed faster. I came downstairs at 10:18. Andrew saw me and said, "Ah Mommy, I'm really sorry but I think you need to give us baths. I tried to clean up all the poop, but I don't think we're very clean and one of the babies is really stinky."

My heart clenched. I thought, "Poop? Oh, my God! Where is the poop? Really, right now? Right when I'm about to open the door to two perfectly coiffed and well maintained superwomen. Right now. Please tell me this is a mistake....AHHHH! Sean is covered in it running screaming around the house naked while Ryan is chasing him and trying wiping him off with 10 or so baby wipes.

I ran upstairs grabbed the baby shampoo and wash, a towel and wash cloth, two clean outfits, and ran back downstairs to start with the naked butt in the sink. At 10:28, I was on to Ryan, told Andrew to show me his hands, wiped them with a wipe and sent him up to get himself clean clothes.

At 10:33, I was still finishing Andrew when the phone rang and a lady needed directions, while in walked one of the therapists as Andrew saw her before his bath started and opened the door. I explained the situation, apologized and tried to focus.

Luckily, being that she is a superwoman, she was very nice about the whole thing.

Andrew, the Superboy, put the dirty diaper in a bag and put it in the garage. He didn't let Sean sit down and got the wipes out and cleaned the bottom the best he could. He IS a blessing from Heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i thought my mornings could be hectic