Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Some thoughts on my Grandma

After deciphering Grandma's journal, a collection of one liners, favorite poems, and some of her own pieces, I feel gladness that she was mine, she was extraordinary.

Grandma was a woman of great faith and love. The themes most prevalent in the pieces she included in her journal was God's greatness and love for all man. Her own love for her husband both before and after his passing shines brightly off the pages. Her love for her children is captured in a letter-poem she wrote to my mother and then added a notation to, when my mom finally found her true love.

Grandma always loved with all her heart and she wasn't really all that impressed with a fabulous car, the latest styles, or flashy gestures. She loved music most of all, singing and playing the piano. She loved movies and reading and writing poetry.

I want to thank my mom for the privilege of transcribing all Grandma's thoughts. Though some of it was boring. Some of my favorite parts were Grandma's favorite words (everyone should keep a running list of their favorite words), her love letters to Pup, and some of the poems my mom and she shared with us as children.

No comments: