Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Proud to be an American

I try not to talk politics here, but this is to important (and I may once have let loose on some kind of idiotic behavior of an unnamed politician).

Yesterday was a great day for America. Regardless of your political affiliation, history was made. The people of this country spoke. W made it clear that W's policies are not that of the people. We tried to tell him in 2006 and he totally ignored us. Yesterday, we voted into office a man very different, with an entirely different way of looking at the world's politics.

Sen. McCain is a great American hero. Had Obama not gotten the nomination, I may have voted for him. On the list of Americans to be proud of McCain ranks very high. But this country wants to have a voice in the world. We want diplomacy. We do not want to just ignore the rest of the world and march into any country we disagree with. We want world peace. Obama has promised these ideals. (I don't agree with everything he stands for, I am always will be pro-life for one. But America and world needed this change.)

On another note, I had Mark get Alex out of bed last night. I wanted him to witness Obama speak to our nation as the next president, as the first black president. This is a moment in history that I wanted my son to witness. And Obama did not disappoint. He shared America's hope for change, he promised to deliver that change, and he made me for one proud. He acknowledged the great man, John McCain when so often these politicians act like their opponent is the spawn of the devil. He quoted Lincoln and MLK. He gave a us a great speech for the hope and the change that this country wants so much.

No comments: