Thursday, November 27, 2008

T-day artwork

So not including the preschool hats pictured in a previous post. In preparation for Thanksgiving, the preschoolers made the following.

Andrew made the mini turkey (at preschool) and his thankful turkey (at Catechism).

Sean made his place mat (at preschool).

Ryan made his place mat (at preschool).
Alex again, had no complaint/comment on his lack of t-day craft. I think between 2nd grade is a real transition year. Coolness is suddenly much more important.
Usually (the last 2 years), I have each kid make a turkey hand print/color a turkey to use a centerpiece. This year with the twix being 3, I just couldn't make it happen. Instead, I had them make their birthday cards/pictures for their papas and daddy during t-day craft time. Plus, there is something slightly morbid/disgraceful about turkey images floating all over the table when that's what we're having for din-din.
I bought cute sparkly plastic red with glitter wine glasses to toast with and not get broken (as last year's glass sherry glasses). They were broken before the twix even touched them, I filled them with juice and they leaked. I'm dumping the toasting glasses for the future and getting them theme cups at Wally World (4/$1). I mean seriously its a nice thought, but not worth the glass stress or the crap factor. I'd rather spend $1 a holiday and let them use them for a while after, then save them for next year.

No comments: